Sad news about our next concert
Sunday 15th March, 2020
I am very sorry to tell you that the committee has decided that we must postpone our 28th March concert because of coronavirus. A government ban on large gatherings may well be imminent, but even before that comes we think it's best to give clarity to everyone and start managing the situation. Events are now being cancelled widely, public concern is growing, and the risk to people's health is also likely to escalate. We don't want to add to that risk and anxiety, and hope you will support our decision. The key points for now are as follows.
- Please note the word "postponement": we will aim to reschedule Russell's Secular Requiem by moving around other planned concerts but can't yet say when this will happen.
- Rehearsals will be suspended with immediate effect as there seems little point in exposing anyone to even a small risk when the concert won't be going ahead, so there will be no rehearsal at Archbishop Benson School this coming Monday.
- Hold on to your music for now, we will let you know soon whether and how to return it.
- Refunds will be made for all tickets bought, or we may be able to arrange for them to be retained for the rescheduled performance. How these things will be organised, either via CRBO or Three Spires Singers, will be explained in due course.
- We are due to resume rehearsals for the summer term on Monday 20th April but whether this will be possible, and whether English Touring Opera will be obliged to cancel their St John Passion tour, remains to be seen.
- If it turns out that a whole term has to be missed we'll adjust membership subscriptions in some way to recognise this.
The committee has a lot of work to do in the next few days so please bear with us while decisions are made about the return of music, ticket refunds and so on, we will send out bulletins when we have new information for you. It saddens us to curtail the choir's activities so abruptly and I know we'll all miss each other greatly over the coming weeks. I look forward coming out the other side of this and seeing everyone again. In the meantime, keep well.
Best wishes from me and everyone on the committee,